This book is designed with just a few words on each page and is ideal for children who have just started to read to enjoy with a parent's help. I am working on several beginning readers that are the next level up and have several simple sentences on each page, as well.
If you have Kindle Unlimited, the book is free. Otherwise, What Is Spring is available for purchase through the Kindle store.
For parents who are homeschooling, here is a fun activity you can do after reading the book:
You Will Need:
- What Is Spring?
- Small notebook and crayons or colored pencils
- Magnifying glass
To Do This Activity:
- Take a quiet walk through a park or around your neighborhood and look for some of the things you read about in the book.
- Listen for sounds that will help you find birds, snakes and other critters. For example, I found the snake pictured in the book because he slithered across some dry leaves.
- Look for flashes of color and movement. Sometimes, you won't see a bird until it flies to another branch.
- Use the binoculars to look at things that are far away.
- Use the magnifying glass to examine things that are up close.
- Help your child record observations in the notebook. He or she may want to draw some of the most exciting things you see.